News & Events
No events to display.
- February 15-16, 2011 — Aboriginal Health Forum, Calgary
- March 8-11, 2011 — 7th. Annual Western Canadian First Nation Administrations Education Symposium
- March 21-24, 2011 — Gathering Our Voices: 2011 Aboriginal Youth Conference, Prince Rupert, BC
- March 21-24, 2011 — 4th International Conference on Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- April 11-12, 2011 — Aboriginal Housing Forum, Calgary
- April 15-16, 2011 — First Nations School Association 15th Annual Conference & AGM, Vancouver, BC
- June 7-8, 2011 — 6th Critical Multicultural Counselling & Psychotherapy Conference: Metissage, Mestizaje, Mixed "Race", and Beyond, Toronto
- June 13-15, 2011 — Human Rights in Canada: New Realities, New Directions, Calgary
Celebrating Métis Culture
The Saskatchewan Native Theatre Company has started a tradition: an annual Louis Riel Celebration that is held on Nov. 16 every year. The 2005 event was tied in to the launch of the Howard Adams biography and a Leah Dorion art show.
Red Ink in the Margins: Indigenous Law, Canadians and Current Legal Issues
Sponsored by: The Aboriginal Law Students' Association At The University of Ottawa and The Centre For World Indigenous Knowledge And Research At Athabasca University. Feb, 20, 2004
Audio and video of talks
June 2002 kicked off the first National Aboriginal Day potluck event that the Centre for World Indigenous Knowledge and Research would host.
Story and photo gallery
Indigenous Education Launch
Indigenous Education at Athabasca University launched its official existence within the University in the fall of 2001... The Gala attracted people of all ages and all backgrounds within the surrounding community.
Story and photos